1. For Scent-Sational wash, place a few
drops of your favorite EO onto a small piece of terry cloth and toss
into the clothes dryer while drying. Alternatively, add 5 drops of EO
to 1/4-cup fabric softener or water and place in the center cup of the
2. Revive potpourri by adding a few drops of EO.
3. Freshen air by adding a few drops of EO to water in a spray bottle
4. Add a few drops of EO to a pan of water and simmer on a stove or in
a potpourri pot.
5. For a scented candle, place a drop or two of EO into the hot wax as
the candle burns.
6. Eliminate household cooking odors, add a few drops of Clove oil to
a simmering pan of water.
7. For tired, aching muscles or arthritis, mix 1-drop Cajuput, Sage,
and Basil oil to 30 drops vegetable oil and use as a massage oil.
8. Ease headache pain by rubbing a drop of Rosemary/ Lavender oil onto
the back of your neck.
9. Blend your own massage oil by adding 3 drops of your favorite EO to
1 oz. Jojoba or other skin-nourishing vegetable oil.
10. For fresher smelling carpets, add 10 drops of EO to a box of
cornstarch or baking soda, mix well, let set for a day or two and then
sprinkle over the carpets in your home. Let set for an hour or more,
11. To make a natural flea collar, saturate a short piece of cord or
soft rope with Pennyroyal or Tea Tree oil, roll up in a handkerchief
and tie loosely around the animal's neck.
12. Smelly feet or shoes can be remedied by either dropping a few
drops of Geranium EO directly into the shoes or by placing a cotton
ball dabbed with a few drops of Lemon oil into the shoes. Athlete's
foot? Tea tree oil is great.
13. Household odors? Put a few drops of your favorite EO on a cotton
ball and place in your vacuum cleaner bag. Lemon and Pine are nice;
Rose Geranium helps with doggy odor.
14. To fragrance your kitchen cabinets and drawers, place a food scent
EO dabbed on a cotton ball in an inconspicuous corner.
15. Are mice a problem? Place several drops of Peppermint oil on
cotton balls and place them in problem locations.
16. Scent the bathroom by placing oil-scented cotton balls in
inconspicuous places or sprinkle oils directly onto silk or dried
flower arrangements or wreaths.
17. To promote healing, apply 1 or 2 drops true Lavender oil and Tea
Tree oil directly to cuts, scrapes or scratches.
18. Homemade soaps are pleasant and offer therapeutic effects when
scented with EOs. Use Spirit Soaps that contain pure aromatics.
19. Home-made sachets are more fragrant when EOs is blended with the
flowers and herbs.
20. Scent an entire room, set a calming or uplifting mood. Use a drop
of EO on a radiator, scent ring, or light bulb. Do not put EO in the
21. For "scentual" hand washables, use a few drops of your favorite EO
or blend in the final rinse water.
22. Anise oil has been used by anglers for years to cover up the human
scent that scares the fish away. Use a drop or two on the fingertips
and hands before baiting up.
23. Create your own personal essence! EOs and blends make wonderful
perfumes. Add 25 drops to 1 oz. perfume alcohol. Let age two weeks
24. To dispel mosquitoes and other picnic or Bar-B-Q pests, drop a few
drops of Citronella OR Eucalyptus citriodora oil in the melted wax of
a candle or place a few drops on the Bar-B-Q's hot coals.
25. Eliminate a troublesome wart by directly applying 1 drop of Lemon
or Moroccan Blue Artemis EO to it. Apply daily until the wart is gone.
26. Rosemary and Basil promote alertness and stimulate memory. Inhale
occasionally during long car trips and while reading or studying.
27. Selling your home? Fragrance sells! Fill the kitchen with the
aroma of spices, such as Clove, Cinnamon and Vanilla by simmering a
few drops of Cinnamon or Nutmeg EO. Create a warm, cheerful, inviting
mood by sprinkling Geranium oil throughout your home. Add Cinnamon or
Lemon oil to furniture polish and wipe down the wood.
28. Create a lovely, aromatic art piece by adding EOs to papier-mâché.
29. Infuse bookmarks and stationary with EOs. Use a few drops on
paper, place in a sealed plastic bag & leave overnight to infuse the
aroma. Send only good news on the perfumed letter.
30. To make gifts such as neck pillows or padded and decorative
hangers more memorable put a couple of drops of EO on them before
giving them as gifts.
31. Overindulge last night? EOs of Juniper, Fennel, Cedarwood,
Grapefruit, Lavender, Rosemary and Lemon help soften the effects of a
hangover. Make your own blend of these oils and use a total of 6-8
drops in a bath.
32. For a wonderfully scented wood fire, use EOs of Vetivert, Cypress,
Atlas Cedarwood, Frankincense and Myrrh. Drop approximately 2-3 drops
of oil or blend of your choice on a dried log and allow time for the
oil to soak in before putting the log on the fire.
33. Flies and moths dislike Lavandin oil. Sprinkle in on the outside
of your window frames.
34. For restful sleep, place 1 or 2 drops of sleep enhancing oils,
such as Chamomile, Lavender, Neroli, Marjoram or Hops on your pillow
35. When moving to a new home, first use a water spray containing your
favorite EO and change the odorous environment to your own. Do this
for several days until it begins to feel like your own space.
36. Ideal scents for the bedroom are Roman Chamomile, Geranium,
Lavender or Lemon.
37. Make your own copper polish. Add 1 drop of Lemon EO to a soft
cloth and gently buff.
38. When washing out the fridge, freezer or oven, add 1 drop of Lemon,
Lime, Grapefruit, Bergamot, Mandarin or Orange EO to the final rinse
39. For burns or scalds, drop Tea Tree oil directly onto the affected
40. To aid digestion and relieve an upset stomach - place 1 drop of
Peppermint oil in 1/2 glass of water and
41. To relieve teething pain in children, use 1-drop Chamomile oil on
a washcloth wrapped ice cube.
42. To cool the body in summer and protect it in the winter, add 6-8
drops of Eucalyptus oil in the bath
43. To bring out a radiant glow in your skin, add 1 drop Geranium oil
to your facial moisturizer.
44. For thicker hair, or to promote growth, place 1 or 2 drops of
Rosemary on your hair brush before brushing.
45. When flu is going around add a few drops of Thyme to your diffuser
or simmer in a pan on the stove.
46. To bring fever down, sponge the body with cool water to which 1
drop each Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Lavender oils have been added.
47. Create a better work environment. Lavender creates a calm,
tranquil atmosphere while Grapefruit stimulates the senses and clears
up stale air.
48. Alleviate anxiety and depression. Blend Geranium, Lavender &
Bergamot, and use in a diffuser or add 6-8 drops of this blend to the
49. A wonderful massage blend for babies is one drop Roman Chamomile,
1 drop Lavender, 1 drop Geranium diluted in 2 Tablespoons Sweet Almond
50. Headaches? Rub the back of the neck with 1-drop Peppermint oil
diluted in 1-teaspoon vegetable oil.
51. Perfume! Make a blend of 20 drops Neroli + 10 drops Lemon + 5
drops of Patchouli. Umm, yum. Age for 2 weeks; add an equal amount of
high-proof alcohol. Age again and use.
JEANNE ROSE - 219 Carl St., San Francisco, CA 94117 email@example.com.
PH 415/564-6785; fax 415/564-6799.
Web site: www.jeannerose.net or www.jeannerose.com;
The article above is from the Jeanne Rose Newsletter (used with
Internationally acclaimed author, Jeanne
Rose, has graciously offered her recipes and writings to be used
on the "all natural beauty" web site. Jeanne has been in the
forefront of the movement towards using all natural products for many
years. She is a master herbalist and aromatherapist that has
made a huge impact in the field at large. Please visit Jeanne's
web site (jeannerose.net) to see her many books that she has written, as well as her
all-natural products, educational opportunities and her special program, the "Aromatic Plant Project".
You may call her at (415) 564-6785.
Purchase Your Own Alambic Still